Monday, June 27, 2011

Sunday drives....

Madi, yesterday you sneakily and quietly wrote the words MAX IS FAT on Max's forehead while we were driving to grandma's. You are a little stink and could not figure out why Daddy was so upset. I was sitting in the front seat trying not to laugh while Daddy had had enough and pulled over and you got a big old fat big girl lecture! Kind of funny??? Max you owe her one!

Later that night on our way home Daddy stopped in the middle of the road to pick up a stick that he says was his pirate sword in a pirate fight he was once in and and just had lost it.  You two thought that was the coolest thing ever. This was the conversation I heard...
Max: Madi that is my sword
Madi: what kind of deal do we have to make so I can have it?
Max: It's mine Madi
Madi: Ok here's the deal I will give you one thing out of my room for that sword you can pick something like my bed or my vanity
Max: what about your nutcracker???
Madi: um no not that what about my bed??? you can have my bed.

So I remembered as a kid doing and stuff and dealing with my brother Mike so that I could pick one thing out of his treasure drawer


Justin do you remember popping Mike's toes, cleaning his room, doing his chores etc etc etc for 1 pick out of his treasure drawer???? Man I loved that treasure drawer! There was nothing better then a bunch of Beebies, old candy,  and plenty of random broken objects to choose from! Yesterday as we were driving I told Madi about uncle Mike's treasure drawer. The next thing I knew Madi was whispering to Max and I hear Max say ok as soon as we get home I will massage your back. I asked them what was going on and Madi says," I am going to make a treasure drawer like uncle Mike's so I can get Max to do stuff for me! "

These kids kill me!!!

3 comments:

Erin Stones said...

That is so funny! I think maybe it was payback for the black eye from a few weeks ago!

Angela said...

John and I laughed our butts off forever on this one! One of your best stories ever. I hope my kid is just as funny. And the sword? Awesome!

Justin said...

I do remember doing that? Why did we drop to such levels.