Thursday, May 19, 2011

My Big 4 year old!




So Mr. Max man turned 4 last month!!! 4!!! Why does that seem so old to me? He is not my little chubby baby anymore!! He is this adorable little boy thing, who melts my heart! Max insisted on having a super hero party this year, so that we did. You know how you do all of these little mom things and sometimes you wonder why and if they are even appreciated? Well this year as Max woke up and came down stairs to a decorated kitchen and presents on the table Madi followed and with a huge smile said,"mom I love when you surprise us and decorate for our birthday, it just makes us feel so special" how cute is that! that's enough to keep it up for at least another year right?  But thank goodness I can decorate and wrap gifts because I pretty much stink at cooking! Max loves waffles so for his b-day breakfast those were on the menu, ya know I try so hard.....
oh well! I did try!
SO for our super hero party Max invited 15 of his little pals over. He was so funny about his invitation. He had looked at it probably 5 times before he finally realized that he was flying on it! At first he was just upset that his hair was flat and then all of a sudden one day he yelled out,  "MOM I'M FLYING ON THERE!!"
The party was a blast. The whole party was like a training type of thing to turn these kids into superheroes. As I was welcoming the kids to the party I told them about a birthday villain who had been seen around town and might show up to ruin the party. I told them that we were going to train so that if this villain came we could defeat him. Right after I said that I had my dad dressed as a villain come around the corner with a bag of "bombs" he danced around and threw the bombs down saying I am going to bomb this party!



I told the kids to hurry and stomp out all of the bombs before the party was ruined. I don't think the kids quite knew what to think at first of the villain. Some were scared some were already trying to fight him off! After they put all the bombs out I told them that if they wanted to become a real superhero they needed to learn to live and hide in caves. So we played musical cave! As the kids went threw the cave whoever was in the cave when the music went off was out of the game. They loved this!

Because of their bravery in the cave they each earned a super hero mask. Next the villain came back with a bucket of kryptonite. (green painted rocks) I told the kids we had to get rid of the kryptonite or it would suck all of our powers out so we did a little obstacle course over slides and in tunnels while taking the kryptonite to a big bucket that Matt and uncle Mike blew up after. For that task they earned their super power wristbands that I made about 20 minutes before the party with hot glue and left over felt! (free fifty free baby)

I love this picture because it was totally candid. I loved how the boys instantly had their arms in a circle showing off their powers! Next we practised making webs for our enemies by making a giant web out of yarn and then practised flying like a superhero into our foam pit!



For their flying skills each kid earned their own cape. (thank you grandma chewy for helping me sew all of these!! don't know what I'd do without that woman!) And lastly we practised spraying our "webs" and "powers" at all of the bad villains on balloons. But in the middle of spraying, my daddy the real villain came out again, and the kiddies without even being directed knew instantly it was time to attack! They chased him all over the yard. It was hilarious!






After the party when we asked Max what his favorite part was he said I liked attacking Grandpa! That was soooo funny mom. This party was so much fun! It was such a perfect day. One I think I will always remember.





Grandma and Grandpa Chewy bought Max this giant ball. As soon as they brought it out all the little kids went running over and jumped inside! Looks a little claustrophobic if you ask me, but we couldn't keep them out.




I love how lucky my kids are to have two sets of AMAZING grandparents and aunts and uncles. Matt and I both didn't grow up with these kind of grandparents and we hope our kids realize how lucky they are to be so loved and to have such good relationships with both. Happy 4th birthday Mr. max man. We hope you know how much you are loved! You make any and every one smile just by looking at them. You have one of those personalities where everyone loves you and wants to be around you. You are one crazy little boy with lots of energy that goes on and on but you have this gentle sweet heart and you truly care about others and their feelings.  If your personality now, says anything about who you will be as a man than I am one lucky mama and you will have one lucky wife who will constantly be laughing. We love you little dude! You make us so happy!




3 comments:

Angela said...

How do you do it? How are you the best mom ever? I plan on birthday parties but I don't think they will be so awesome. But you give me something to strive for :)

Bobbi said...

I've said it before and I'll say it again....you are soooooooo your mothers daughter (AKA the funnest mom ever)! I can't believe Max is 4, what the heck???? Love you <3

The Oldroyd's said...

What a fun birthday.