Thursday, March 10, 2011

Valentines = No Bueno

Oh my sweet little Madison!! So Madi kind of takes after her mama and Grandma Chewy when it comes to ccelebrating. She is just my kind of girl. The girl like to celebrate anything and EVERYTHING. unfortunately not everyone does. This year for Valentines Madi and I made her class little bubble gum necklaces for her valentines party. She was so excited. She had to wear red tights and a pink skirt. We had to have a pretty bow in her hair and a pink dinner, and of course we had to run Valentines around the neighborhood and ring the bell and hide. All up to this point everything was fine and dandy. Until the night went on and on and sweet little Madi was not getting any Valentines in return. I have never seen a girl so devastated! She refused to go to bed!  She thought maybe people were waiting to come later. Grandma and Grandpa Chewy made their way up and spoiled the kids with candy and stuffed animals but we only had one door bell Valentine and Madi was heart broken! You know the big alligator tears that just break your heart. I thought about going and loading the door step up with cards and candy for when she woke up and then I just thought nope it's kind of sad but that's life! Sometimes it is full of disappointments even if it is a simple and dumb disappointment, to a kindergartner it was huge! Seriously this Valentines holiday really needs to revert back to lovers celebrating each other!! NO KIDS ALLOWED! I'm sick of these kids trying to steal my special days!! :)

1 comment:

Isaac and Dallas said...

How sad. People really didn't do them here either. I don't know why but we made the rounds. Where is the holiday fun?